Download Powerpoint File Here
Listen To Message Online
(Message shared on 17 April 2016 by Rev. Patrick Foo)
The grace of God is demonstrated by the fact that He has a plan and purpose for our lives that He wants to reveal to us.
If we don’t fully trust God, we may be reluctant to follow the path He’s chosen for us.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” (V5) 你要专心仰赖耶和华，不可倚靠自己的聪明，
Trust is a strong belief in someone’s integrity, ability, and character.
- Without Trust, a relationship cannot strive.
- Trust is earned, not given.
- Trust is developed over time.
The basis for trust in God is His sovereignty.
The degree to which we are to trust God is with all our heart.
“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” (V6) 在你一切所行的事上都要认定他，他必指引你的路。
“Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.” (V7) 不要自以为有智慧；要敬畏耶和华，远离恶事。
“It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones. “ (V8) 这便医治你的肚脐，滋润你的百骨。
41- Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise;
42 – then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word.
43 – And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your rules.
44 – I will keep your law continually, forever and ever,
45 – and I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts.
46 – I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame,
47 – for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love.
48 – I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.
- Wait 等待 (43) – looking to God in hope and expectancy.
- Walk行走 (44,45) – Living a life trusting in God.
- Witness 见证 (46) – Speaking of God’s faithfulness.
- Worship 敬拜 (47,48) – Delight…strong emotion…inside and outside..1st
- In what area of your life do you have the most difficulty trusting God? Why do you think it’s so hard to trust Him with this? What promises in His Word could bring you assurance of His trustworthiness?
- Does knowing God is sovereign over all the events in your life help you trust Him? Why or why not? Which of His other attributes motivate you to trust Him?
- It’s easier to trust someone we know very well than someone we don’t. With this in mind, how well do you know the Lord? Since the Scriptures are God’s self-revelation, what do you need to do to increase your trust in Him.