Download Powerpoint File
Listen To The Message Online
(Message shared on 28 February 2016 by Dr. Roland Cheo)
Knowing the Truth and the Truth shall Set you Free (John 8:32)
明白真理，而真理将使你们自由（ 约翰福音 8:32）
Freedom in Christ
2 Cor 12:20-21 For I (Paul) am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear there may be Quarrelling , jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder. I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.
哥林多后书 12:20-21 其实我（ 保罗）担心，恐怕我来到的时候会发现你们不像我所希望的那样，而你们发现我也不像你们所希望的那样；又恐怕有纷争、嫉妒、暴怒、争竞、诽谤、谗言、自大和混乱； 恐怕我来的时候，我的神会使我在你们面前再一次蒙羞，而且因为许多人从前犯了罪，又不肯为他们所行的污秽、淫乱和好色的事而悔改，我就会悲伤。
Quarrelling , jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder- OLD SELF
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness- Wearing Christ
爱心、喜乐、和平、忍耐、仁慈、良善、忠信 – 穿上基督
What has Light got to do with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14
光明与黑暗有什么相合呢？ 哥林多后书 6:14
By your fruit shall you know them. Mat 7:16
凭着果子，就能认出他们来. 马太福音 7:16
About Good trees and good fruit
Talks about the not compromising with the world in all our partnerships
The bible is clear that we are either saints or sinners but never both. We need to learn that Christ has sanctified us to be free and not be yoked again by a slavery to sin. (from Gal 5:1)
Key Passage Today: Gal 4:3-7
So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out “Abba Father”. So you are no longer a slave but a son, and since you are a son, God has also made you an heir
Key Passage Today: 加拉太书 4:3-7
我们也是这样：我们还是小孩子的时候，在世界的原则下受奴役。 但是等到时候一满足，神就派遣他的儿子，由女人所生，生在律法之下， 为要救赎律法之下的人，好使我们得到儿子的名份。 而且因你们是儿子，神就派遣他儿子的灵进入你们的心，呼叫：“阿爸！父啊！” 7 这样，你不再是奴仆，却是儿子了；既然是儿子，就藉着神，也是继承人。
Knowing our rights as sons, not slaves
Knowing the Father. Not another Master.
Living as God’s Heir 继承人
Calling “Abba Father”呼叫：“阿爸！父啊！”
The Power of the Holy Spirit
- For those who have become sons (through grace) by belief in Jesus Christ and accepting his forgiveness and his deliverance for us.
- The Spirit is then Given to Us.
- But why aren’t we changed? Why aren’t‘ we transformed yet? To be truly free from the bondage of slavery.
但为什么我们还没改变呢? 为什么我们还没产生变化呢? 要真正摆脱奴隶的捆绑。
Ephesians 以弗所书 3:14-21.
The Prayer of Paul for Struggling Christians to Partner the Holy Spirit in His Work in our lives
For this reason I kneel before the Father from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith
因此，我屈膝在父面前— 天上地上的万族都是从他得名的， 愿他按照他那荣耀的丰盛，藉着他的灵，以大能使你们内在的人刚强起来； 使基督藉着你们的信仰，住在你们心里；
- Strength comes from the Lord (recognizing our weaknesses and our inability to live a truly holy life)
- Power comes from the Holy Spirit who deals with our inner being (so he is interested in our motives and less so in just acting correctly)
- The end result is that Jesus is in the center of your heart, the foundation of your faith (not treasure, not status). Oftentimes there will be tests of this.
And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
使你们在爱中扎根，根基稳固， 18 好让你们有能力与所有圣徒一起了解基督的爱是多么长、阔、高、深—— 19 明白那超越了人所能理解的基督之爱，好让你们得以满足，达到神一切的丰盛完美。
- Paul is writing this in Prison to a struggling church experiencing persecution and death. Perhaps when we do not feel like loving our enemies, when we feel like slandering, gossiping, complaining, perhaps then, when we allow the Holy Spirit to work in our hearts, can we truly be established in Christ.
保罗在监狱里写这信给被迫害和死亡中斗争的教会。 也许当我们不想爱我们的敌人，当我们想诽谤, 抱怨。或许,如果我们让圣灵在我们心中动工, 我们才能真正建立在耶稣基督里。
- We have only one part to play – being rooted in God’s Word, to establish our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Allowing the Holy Spirit to show us the power of God’s love in our lives. The widest, highest, deepest love which we cannot understand yet but the Holy Spirit is willing to pour into our hearts.